Dr. Ryan Cazares is the owner and founder of Scott Eye Care. He is from Scott, Louisiana, and he attended Acadiana High School as well a the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. After graduating magna cum laude in biology, he attended the University of Houston College of Optometry, where he received his doctorate in 2011. After optometry school, he took a traveling job, spending time at clinics in Eunice, Kinder, and Oakdale, Louisiana.
In June of 2013, Dr. Cazares opened Scott Eye Care in his hometown after realizing the need for eye care there. It has grown to be a staple in the community. Dr. Cazares practices full-scope optometry, not only checking for the need for glasses or contact lenses, but also in diagnosing and treating glaucoma, macular degeneration, dry eye, keratoconus, and more. Dr. Cazares’ specialties include specialty contact lenses and scleral contact lenses for keratoconus and other corneal diseases, as well as myopia (nearsightedness) control.
Dr. Cazares is very involved in his community. He is an active member and has served on the boards for the Scott Business Association, the705: Young Leaders of Acadiana, the Acadiana Optometric Society, and the Optometry Association of Louisiana. He is also a former president of the Acadiana Optometric Society and an active member of the American Optometric Association. In 2018, Dr. Cazares founded the Lafayette Community Musical Instrument Library (M.I.Brary), where library patrons can check out musical instruments. In his free time, Dr. Cazares enjoys playing and watching sports, hanging out with his dog, Lex, and playing guitar and singing in his rock band Dr. C & the Gris Gris.
Awards & Recognition
- 2019 Louisiana Young Optometrist of the Year
- 2018 Top 20 Under 40 Leadership Award
- 2017 Leadership Lafayette Class XXX
- 2011 Beta Sigma Kappa Optometric Honor Society Graduate
- Cooper Vision Excellence in Cornea and Contract Lens Award
- Bausch & Lomb/ TERTC 2009 Contact Lens Clinical Excellence Award
- 2009-2010 Love, Albert UH Opt Scholarship
- 2008-2009 Coburn, O.W. Opt School Fund Scholarship
- 2008-2009 Presidential Grad Fellowship
- 2007-2008 Benedict Scholarship
- 2007-2008 Presidential Grad Fellowship
Dr. Millie Dave joined the Scott Eye Care team as an associate in November of 2016. She is from Baton Rouge, LA, where she attended Baton Rouge High School and LSU. After graduating, she attended the University of Houston College of Optometry, where she received her doctorate in 2016. Scott Eye Care was her first job out of optometry school. She initially worked here part-time, but in 2017, she became full-time.
Just like Dr. Cazares, Dr. Dave practices full-scope optometry: she checks the need for glasses or contact lenses, and she also diagnoses and treats diseases such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, dry eye, keratoconus, and more.
Dr. Dave is also very involved in the community. She is an active member of the705: Young Leaders of Acadiana, the Acadiana Optometric Society, and the Optometry Association of Louisiana. She is soon to be named president of the Acadiana Optometric Society for 2019 and 2020.
In her free time, Dr. Dave enjoys traveling and attending concerts.
Awards & Recognition
- 2019, Member, American Public Health Association Vision Care Section
- 2017 Optometry Giving Sight See to Succeed Program
- 2013 – 2015, President, UHCO Chapter National Optometric Student Association (NOSA)
- 2014 UHCO NOSA Scholarship
- 2015 Vision Council Scholarship, through National Optometric Association